Thursday, October 25, 2007

Spooked up Thursday

I usually abhor going into the office on Thursdays but today was unusually pleasant. Infact, I have to admit that it was even fun.

The Halloween committee has organized a Halloween Spooktacular Extravanganza. What does that mean? It means there are contests and contests and more...
Best costume, best Halloween decorated department/cubicle.. etc... The prize? Winners gets a "leave work at 3 o'clock" pass.
And my department has decided to go all out for it! I mean.. seriously.. ALL. Out.
We have transformed our entire section of 6 cubicles into a haunted cave. Ceilings and windows were draped with black plastic table cloth, and the sides of the cubicles were made to look like a wall of glow-in-the-dark ghosts using screen-setting wallpaper. There is a huge black spiderweb at the end of the hallway with purple lights, and spiders hanging from the ceiling. Cubicles and my fake plant will be covered in glow-in-the-dark spiderwebs. We made a special door to the entrance to our cave. It is totally dark inside.
My scandinavian colleague will be in-charge of legally downloading some spooky music.

I know we are so going to win this.
I may have to go into the office next Wednesday afterall! If I do, I'll bring Jason's gargoyles to guard our entrance, and I am thinking of bringing some dry ice.

But I need a costume now. I know the other two girls are going all out with their $100 + costumes.
My sweet husband came home from work today with a witches hat, white hair spray and a black cape without making a huge dent in our wallets.
Once again, he reads my mind.

No comments: