Friday, June 15, 2012

18 weeks + 1 day

We had our second ultrasound today. It was a very detailed scan with measurements of everything taken.
This is when we get to find out the sex of the baby too.

We think it is a boy. But the doctor says he cannot confirm that yet as the umbilical cord was blocking the view. But he says he thinks he saw a scrotum so chances are that it is a boy.

Anyway, he got me all worried when he told me he could not see the stomach (because the baby did not swallow any fluid), which could mean the esophagus is not connected or there may be a leak somewhere, or some sort of birth defect.
I will go back next week for another ultrasound. Baby boy, you better start drinking some fluid and stop freaking your mommy out!
I also have a lot of amniotic fluid. I don't know if that's related to the esophagus problem. The more I read, the more worried I get. So I will stay away from the internet for now.

I told myself I will not be posting any ultrasound photos on Facebook.  So on the blog it goes.
Too bad we didn't get that pic of baby with his right hand pointing upwards saying "number one!". I thought that was cute.

Side profile

Baby loves sucking his left thumb






1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi baby... be healthy.. okay?


Ultrasound Technician Salary in AK