Friday, September 14, 2012

Goodbye to PUPPP

My PUPPP (Pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy) finally went away after seven days. The first three days I spent researching and reading what other women did. On the 4th day, I was totally miserable. And I finally managed to get an appointment with the dermatologist on the 6th day.

In the meantime, I was trying out all sorts of lotions, creams and ointments. Some made it worse.

This is what worked best for me:
Sarna Lotion
Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap
Shower with cool water. (Warm water made the rashes flare up and itched more)
Steroid cream (from the dermatologist)
Dandelion Root capsules (1 capsule, 3 times a day)

I also avoided sugar. And cut down on fried foods. I drank freshly squeezed lemon juice every morning.
Ate brussel sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli and avocado every other day. Walnuts and apples as a snack.
Basically, foods that support liver health was on my diet list.

Three women told me to avoid cocoa butter lotion. I think that may have been what triggered the rash in the first place.

No comments: