Monday, November 28, 2005

Malaysian Food in Charlotte?


We had a pleasant discovery on Saturday. Jason suggested we stop by Tin Tin Buffet for lunch on our way to Pineville. This is not a typical Chinese restaurant serving carbohydrate-laden lo mein and moo shu pork loaded with MSG and sugar. They have a sumptuous buffet and I was surprised to find so many Malaysian dishes. Not just any regular made-for-Asian-restaurant dishes, but stuff that you can actually find in the "Pasar malams" (night markets) and hawker stalls. I was ecstatic !! There were peanut pancakes which you find in Pasar Malams for RM0.60,Yau Char Kuih with congee, Char Kuay Teow, assorted Dim Sums, egg tarts,chicken feet (which I still haven't acquired a taste for),satay, curry mee, roti canai, steamed fish ,etc.. Eventhough I was still feeling a little under the weather, it did not stop me from stuffing my tummy to satisfy all those almost-forgotten cravings. Now, if only they had "nasi lemak", I'd be in seventh heaven!

1 comment:

Bern said...

I just cannot eat something that has stepped on God-knows-what.. and you can still see its toenails and all!!!How to eat lah?
Let me know how dog meat tastes like if you ever eat them in Vietnam. That's another thing I cannot bring myself to eat.