Friday, December 09, 2005

The week that just flew by

Ok, now that whatever virus I had has decided to leave me (or so I think), my brains can now function properly again(or so I think again) I had lung infection since Thanksgiving and the stupid antibiotics gave me severe diarrhoea and nausea and palpitations. (and no, I am not pregnant)It gets worse when I am in the car. Ever had the feeling like when you gotta go... you GOT to go? Yup, that kind of feeling. So much so I even considered stopping by the side of the road one day to find a bush! Thank God there was a gas station less than 1 mile away or else I would've died!

Last weekend started with a wonderful Christmas party at Chris & Elizabeth's in Raleigh. The evil Santa game was a steal (literally). Such fun! Also managed to meet and catch up with Brian and Sophie, Ronald and Tammie for lunch, Philip and Selena for breakfast and dropped by Bert's on our way out from Raleigh. Hubby sure has got a wonderful circle of friends in Raleigh and I know he misses them dearly.

Now newly and proudly armed with a NC Drivers Licence, I took advantage of hubby's truck this week. I had a deja-vu of the same excited jumpy feeling 14 years ago when I first got my Malaysian Drivers licence. This 32 year old now feels like a teenager again. It sure feels good to be back on the road again. If I were taller and stronger, I would've driven his 1979 Jeep! So my goal is to finish Christmas shopping this week, work on my scrapbook, work on some video editing, start my amateur yoga routines again, try knitting that scarf (yes, the one who says she will never knit is actually trying to learn how to knit. Now all she needs is a wooden rocking chair) and make Char Siu Paus (steamed BBQ pork buns).
So far, I have only accomplished the Christmas shopping and I made 20 Char Siu Paus last night. Now I have approximately 12 hours before Friday is over. Maybe I can accomplish all those things I have set out to do.. or maybe I should just go and spend half of that time in the sanctuary of the library. So where did the week go?

No comments: