Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Another year goes by

I am sad that all the festivities are over but I am also glad to get back to our normal lives.
We ushered in the New Year with me fighting off a damn migraine and stubbornly trying to stay awake, mentally cursing the people shooting off fireworks outside.
At 11.55pm, Jason brought up 2 champagne glasses filled with ginger ale and we toasted while watching the ball drop in Times Square on TV. And I immediately fell back asleep afterwards. And the husband continued putting away his laundry and reading his book.

I generally do not make goals or resolutions for the New Year. I don't see a point in doing so. I have done or achieved some things in 2007 which wasn't planned ahead of time. Little goals can be made throughout the year, not necessarily on the first day of New Year. And most of the time, we can't foresee what's going to happen anyway.
If I have to name one nice thing I did for someone this year, it would be publishing a book for Carlton, Jason's step-grandfather, and given to him for Christmas. It was a book written by him when he was in the army in 1942 and I searched for pictures to add into it. I guess this made me feel like I've done something good (for once). I am now known as the "book girl". That's what they called me at the family get-together last weekend.

Last year wasn't too awful and it wasn't very eventful either. I would say it was generally smooth-sailing with few hiccups and some frustrations along the way.

So, after more than a week away from work, I’m about as excited to go back to work as I would be for a 5 a.m. root canal, although on second thoughts, the latter sounds more appealing, because at least it’s followed by an afternoon spent with soap operas and eating bon bons.

Here's to 2008! Cheers!

2 comments:

Jason said...

I thought 2007 was one of the best years ever, coming on the heels of two more of the best years of my life. Once I found you, life got good.

Bern said...

Awww...