Sunday, January 20, 2008

Cornflakes Butter Cookies

One of the traditions during Chinese New Year is baking cookies. My mom and me would usually spend days baking a variety of cookies to distribute to friends and family and to serve guests when they come over for visits during the festive season.
I am going to try and preserve this tradition.
Today I made some cornflakes butter cookies. Since we didn't have any cornflakes, I substituted it with the almond flakes cereal.
Jason says it tastes like Pecan Sandies.

Here's the recipe :

Beat butter (2 sticks) and sugar (3/4 cup) till white and fluffy
Add one egg and continue to beat.
Fold in flour (3 3/4 cups).
Add cornflakes (1 cup)
Roll into tiny balls and place onto greased baking sheet.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes in 350F.

Makes about 60 cookies.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

yum! i love those!! I miss CNY lah...especially the cookies and the yee sang. :-(