Saturday, May 03, 2008

Embarking on the Master Cleanse journey

I've been thinking of doing this for some months now. But could never commit to it or find the right time to do it because there was always some thing going on. Today is the day I will say goodbye to solid food for the next 10 days. Just the thought of it makes me want to cry. Because I love food. And I love watching the Food Network.

So why, pray tell am I doing this?
For several personal reasons. It's a personal challenge. Sometimes, your body just tells you "Ok, it's time to flush out those toxins". Emotionally, mentally, physically. Toxins caused by stress of whether I will ever conceive, negativity, putting up with all that crap at work, allergies, anxiety of whether I will ever sell any of my wares on my website. (Incidently, I've sold 4 scrubbies within the last two weeks :)), frustrations, feeling grumpy for no reason and lack of exercise. It is also about renewing and soul-searching and overcoming mental blocks.

I'm going to record my progress here to keep me accountable and also for future reference incase I have this insane idea of wanting to do this again.

Basically, my day will start out with the salt water flush which is made from 1 quart (4 cups) of water with 2 teaspoons of uniodized sea salt. (Very important to get uniodized and not iodize sea salt).

Throughout the day, I will be drinking 6 - 12 8 oz glass of this lemonade drink :
8oz water
2 tbs fresh squeezed lemon juice (organic lemons if possible)
2 tbs grade B organic maple syrup
1/10 tsp cayenne pepper

And the occasional peppermint tea.

Optional : 1 glass of herbal laxative tea at night.
I've decided not to do this as I think the salt water flush in the morning is sufficient (or torture enough).

Also, try to use natural spring water if possible.

8 comments:

Fiona said...

hey all the best with the journey! :-D

Anonymous said...

allo allo

can lose weight?

Bern said...

I haven't lost weight yet but according to most people in the forum, you usually lose about 10 lbs. But you'll put on again after the cleanse. Because this is not meant for weight lost.

Wanna try?

Anonymous said...

sound interesting. any side effects? just follow the recipe in your blog right?

Bern said...

Read this forum before trying :
http://therawfoodsite.com/forum/

And need to wake up atleast 1 hour earlier than your usual time because you'll be spending quite a lot of time in the toilet after you drink the salt water. My advise is to do it on a long weekend.
But I only had to go to the toilet once in the morning.

The first 2 days is usually the hardest because of the constant hunger and weird cravings. I almost gave up.

Wish you were here so we can try together. Jason bailed on me :(

Anonymous said...

ok. will give it a try next weekend. this weekend i balik kampung so a bit susah lah. yeah its always best to do it with a partner. can motivate.can do a 3 days thingy right?

Bern said...

The full detox will usually occur between Days 4-7.
So its best to stick to the 10-day plan if you can tahan.

Ohh.. if you cannot find Organic Grade B maple Syrup, the book says to use Pure Sugar Cane Juice instead.

Or try the 3-days juice fast. That one was easier. (and tastier) Because you'll be drinking a variety of yummy fruit juices and vege. and not so stringent.

Anonymous said...

i think i will be dizzy without food but will try lah.