Friday, December 30, 2005

Crappomania


I got up with no voice today. And realised I felt crappy. (sick crappy + mood crappy = a grouch). And no, it's not time for PMS yet. So since I am not working today, I decided to use that excuse for staying in bed a little longer, but Trouble disagrees and starts meowing in my ear and leads me downstairs. (Yes, that cat knows how to get his point across) Its his way of saying "Get up you lazy crappy bones. Feed me cat treats and you will feel better".

When I am crappy, that's when I usually start floccinaucinihilipilificating. I look at unnecessary details and groan and gripe about it.

I see 3 piles of laundry that I have been dying to do since Tuesday but I cannot do it because the washer is occupied. (and still is)

I fill up the humidifier with water only to have it snap my middle finger and tear the skin off.

I send the truck for servicing, only to find out later that they have taken me for a ride and replaced wipers, brake lights and a clean air filter. Heck! They didn't even show me how "dirty" the existing air filter was! And they almost replaced the front brakes too!!

They tell me the truck is ready to be picked up, but mistook it for another truck, and I sit there waiting for 2 hours watching men burp and belch. And the toilet ran out of toilet paper. Nice!

I find out today that porridge + tuna flakes is nasty! But I eat it anyway.

Husband calls me to tell me that he will have to stay an extra 5 days in sunny Florida, so that means we will be spending our first New Years alone. He tells me that it's no biggie coz he doesn't really think much of New Years day anyway.

I am still bashing myself in the head for turning down a job offer with Bank of America. Dang, I would've bought myself a decent car today if I had taken that job.

Why does the phone decides to go dead on you when you need to make an important phone call?
And decides to work again, only to have some telemarketers try and sell you stuff.

Perhaps tis time for a detox or colon cleanse!! Say good riddance to bad rubbish and start the New Year with a blast.


7 comments:

Jason said...

Why is it that my honey's life falls apart whenever I leave town? I'll be back Sunday, dearest (not 5 days - just one).

I hate being away when you need me.

Bern said...

I will survive!! hey hey!

If I count since the day you left, which is Wednesday,it will be 5 days

eaf said...

You are more than welcome to come here and spend New Year's with us! We are going to an early party (6:30 or so) which promises to have MANY small children, a chocolate fountain, and champagne. We will probably leave there around 9pm to avoid driving when all the drunks hit the road. Then, if I can stay awake, we may actually say Happy New Year to each other.

It's only been six years and already we seem like we've been married for 50. See what you have to look forward to?

Anonymous said...

**perks up**

Did I just read CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN??? Ohh...can I come??? That would ALMOST make up for not drinking champagne this year.

Anonymous said...

hey! it's one of those days huh?! no worries, you will weather it out. Chocolate and a cup of tea always work for me in times like these.

it's new year's eve here and had been raining since afternoon. hosted a brunch and will be hosting a supper later. i must have lost my mind when i committed myself to both.

Happy New Year.

Bern said...

Thanks E.. if I were any closer to Raleigh, I would definitely be there!! Can never say no to a chocolate fountain!

Sharon.. I miss your Asam Laksa!!!!
Yes, you are indeed out of your mind..(heehee)... but I know you make wonders in your kitchen :)

Anonymous said...

hey hey!! missing my cousin over here!! must be getting old coz i slept thru new years, and woke up at 6am when everyone was just going to bed after the night partying!??
hugs to ya!