Friday, February 23, 2007

Crave Ye Not!

So the Lent season has started. What should I give up this year? Hmm..
Maybe I should just give up jalapeno, wasabi and ketchup :)
Or I can just try and be nicer to the cat. Trust me, that is a difficult task and takes plenty of heartfelt sacrifice.

I always feel hungrier during Lent and sometimes, I get these insane cravings for foods that I don't usually like or that I just don't normally care for. Yesterday, I wanted an avocado so badly. Today, it's scallions. Seriously, scallions of all things!!

Now I am baking some banana muffins. I have never made banana muffins. I have no idea how it'll turn out. I think I already made a mistake because I thought baking soda and baking powder are the same thing. So, who would like to try one of my bitter muffins?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Trust me, I've gone through the thought process of "damn,this recipe requires baking soda and I only have baking powder...heck, I'll just use what I have, it'll turn out fine". Well, not so. I've learned the hard way that you MUST USE WHAT IS REQUIRED IN THE RECIPE. Now, I try to keep both on hand so I'm not running to the store at the last minute!

That said, I'd love to try one of your muffins.... keep me one for Sunday :) please!

Anonymous said...

Lent eh? This post reminds me that I need to go to church more because I'd completely forgot.

I think I'll give up letting people "in" traffic for lent. It just causes greater havoc than it helps... especially when they can't decide which way they want to go. Most of the time they end up cutting off everyone else and going the wrong way down the street.

Can you tell I've been to Wal-Mart today? 3:-)

Bern said...

Sophie, I will not give you my bitter muffins. I cannot do such a cruel thing to you. You may not ever want to eat a muffin ever again.

Brian, I've learnt that one should never go to Walmart on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Unknown said...

Aiyoyo!Baking soda and baking powder are really at different ends of the world,my dear!I think just let me sample your `char siew' next time ok?