Thursday, February 08, 2007

Death, Fires(not) and infertility.

Fio and I decided to go watch a movie. We initially planned to watch a chick flick but changed our minds and watched Children of Men instead. We bought tickets and went over to Target to waste some time. Suddenly, we heard a lady exclaiming.."Anna Nicole Smith is dead!!" We were like "huh?" Jason later sent me an sms confirming her death.

As we were going towards the cinema, we saw a blinking police car and a crowd outside the cinema. Then as we were approaching, two firetrucks drove up and firemen rushed inside the cinema. We were like "Now what.." Turns out it was a false alarm and everyone went back inside again.

The movie? hmmm... very different from my expectations. It was a very different kind of sci-fi movie (atleast that's what I think so anyway). The whole movie was rather depressing, gloomy and grey... and very documentary-like. Blood on the camera lens and all. It wasn't a bad movie. Just dark and grim but engaging.

We then met Jason for dinner at Firebirds.

I think I need to watch a chick flick now.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

I agree! It was interesting, but waaay too intense!

Anonymous said...

I'm always in the mood for a chick flick. No matter how stupid or ditsy they are, they manage to get me into a good mood. It's therapeutic!

We watched Superman Returns on DVD - I know, I know, it's been out for ages! It was good, we really enjoyed it.