Monday, March 12, 2007

Achy breaky

Yesterday, while Jason watched the basketball game, I decided to wash my car and clean up the pond. Well, in order to clean up the pond, I had to empty all the water from it. And the water was green. It looked like something even Shrek would not drink from. Green and slimy and icky and God knows what else is living in there. If you are wondering why we let it deteriorate this far, it's because the cover we had used to cover the pond had slipped and yours truly (and the husband) were too lazy to do anything about it.
I was not brave enough to siphon the water out for fear I'd die from algae poisoning. I know algae is healthy stuff and all that, but no thanks. (we do not own a squeeze bulb siphon).
So, it's either I siphon the old fashion way and gag, or use a bucket. I chose the latter. The pond is shaped in such a way that a bucket would not do any good after a certain level. So I had to use an old towel to squeeze out all that icky green slimy algae infected water. Gross.
Then I scrubbed and scrubbed and put lots of bleach and dish detergent, cleaned the pump and now our fountain is in business again!

Well, little did I know that all that bending and squatting and scooping and scrubbing would turn me into an old hag this morning. I had a hard time getting out of bed because my back, thighs, arms and butt ached. Walking down the stairs and putting on a shirt hurts.

Then I checked my calendar and realised I start my yoga classes this evening. Wonderful. How I am going to twist this achy moany body of mine into a human croissant .. I have absolutely no idea. Smart move eh.

5 comments:

Jason said...

Hon! You just wasted a lifetime supply of that Superfood juice you like so much!

Bern said...

I drink superfood juice. Not algae infested larvae...or is it larvae infested algae.

Fiona said...

haha, that's funny! not you aching yourself. but jason's perception of the superfood juice.

Bern said...

If he thinks that will stop me from drinking Superfood juice, he's wrong! hah!

Fiona said...

yeah -- that's good for you. not good stuff, just good for you. hehe