Thursday, March 15, 2007

Amish Friendship Bread

Our neighbor came by today and brought me an Amish Friendship Bread starter and a sheet of the instructions on what to do with the yeast starter. This is more than just a recipe. It is a chain letter in the baking world. When you've made your bread, you can give your friends a sample and the starter that made it! Then your friends can make their own and pass it along to their friends. This is why the bread is called "friendship bread".
Here is what I am supposed to do :
Will go and multiply some amish bread now. Anyone care for some bread?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are few things more friendly than bowl full of 10 day old fungi.

Bern said...

Maybe that's what makes it so good?
I'll tell you in 10 days whether it's good or not. If you don't hear from us, call 911.

Unknown said...

Does this taste like an ordinary loaf or savoury like our favourite roti canai?

Bern said...

I have no idea. Will have to let you know after 10 days. Its probably a sourdough bread

Anonymous said...

can bring starter to me when you balik kampung ah? so interesting.

Bern said...

I don't think I'll be able to keep the Starter going for so long lor. Unless I bake bread every week!

But it'll be surely interesting to have this passed on in Malaysia!

Jason said...

Sharon, it probably wouldn't survive under the plane, and they almost certainly wouldn't let us take it in our carry-ons. It looks too much like plastic explosive.