Friday, March 23, 2007

Busy week and a busy week ahead

What I've been doing this week:

Working late nights on this data migration process.
And being on "stand-by" waiting to be told when to proceed.

Having the house "touched up" by the builder for our one year warranty. Work still not finished. He may come back next week or the week after, or I may need to make calls to remind them.
House is dusty.

Getting our washer repaired because of leaks. Waiting for replacement part to arrive and they will come back to do the repairs next Friday.

Taking 30-minute walks after dinner.

Watching the flowers bloom.

Gift & gift wrap shopping. Had to go to 3 different stores to find what I was looking for. Maybe I am just picky.

Trying to remember to find time to breathe.

What I'll be doing this weekend and next week :

Staying over at in-law's place tonight to watch the basketball game (but I'll probably have to work late tonight so I'll bring my laptop over)
And leaving the house at 7am on Saturday morning for a drive to Huntersville to buy foam for the ottoman. (Jason's latest project)

Birthday parties this Saturday and next Saturday. Looking forward to that.

Baking the Amish Bread on Saturday.

Attend more trainings on Monday, Tuesday and possibly Wednesday. I am hoping to get exempted on Wednesday.
I'll have to remember to set my alarm clock for 5am next week.

And looking forward to having The Carans over on Friday night and Saturday.

4 comments:

eaf said...

I had some of that Amish bread starter and messed it up. Very curious how it tastes. You'll have to let us know.

I made beer bread today for a shower. Smells yummy.

Can't wait to see you guys!

Jason said...

I think you'll be finding out first-hand, unless it turns out terrible.

Bern said...

It turned out pretty well. Not bread-like as I was expecting it to be. But more like cake!

eaf said...

Yeah. I remember it had pudding in it. And my neighbor (who gave it to me) told me it was sweet. Glad it was good!