Saturday, February 09, 2008

More Green Card news

If you recall, I submitted my papers to USCIS for removal of conditions on my Permanent Residency in May 9, 2007.

On Thursday Feb 7, nine months later, I received a letter from the USCIS informing me that they had transfered my application to the Vermont Center for processing due to backlog.
The USCIS website says they "received a significant increase in applications last year, an increase in nearly 1.4 million as compared to the previous year. They have hired approximately 1500 new employees to address this workload. Things should be back where they were before the application spike by 2010."

2010??! 2010??!!

Today I read this : "Citizenship on hold for many immigrants".
President Bush is asking Congress to spend money to help businesses root out illegal workers (damn you illegal workers!) but he did not request additional funds to help legal immigrants become American citizens more quickly.
It says "Right now they are taking resources from permanent residence to do citizenship".

I'm screwed.

2 comments:

Sophie said...

I hear ya. For once, I think I made the cut off. Kinda makes you want to pack up your stuff and move to Canada (wait, it's freakin' cold there)...hmmm...how about Australia?

Bern said...

Malaysia