Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Forgetful I am

I have been so forgetful lately. I can walk into the bathroom and forget why I went in there for. Even mundane things like brushing my teeth. After I walk out of the bathroom and then I remember.. Oh yeah!! I wanted to brush my teeth!
I forget that I have clothes in the dryer.
And yesterday, I forgot that I had left the cat outside in the rain. He sulked and ignored me all morning.
But today I totally forgot that I had a doctor's appointment at 2pm!!! I got a call from the doctor's office at 3pm telling me that I had missed my appointment and I had to reschedule it for another time slot 4 weeks later! God help me if I forget it then! I had written today's appointment down in BIG LETTERS on my planner which I look at everyday. And I even remember telling Jason last night that I have a doctor's appointment today. And yet, it totally slipped my mind.
I used to be very heedful of such things. Now, I don't know what's happened to my brains. Maybe I'm getting senile. But I think the Zoloft medication is doing that to me. I have to remember to tell my doctor that. If I remember that is.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Car sick, forgetful, .... darling, you have all the symptoms. Are you sure you are not expecting??? Hehe... Try taping your planner to your fridge or someplace annoying like that :)

Bern said...

I am very very sure I'm not pregnant. Besides, I should not try to get pregnant whilst I'm still on this darn Zoloft medication. Might be harmful to the unborn baby.
I should probably start sticking luminous Post-It reminder notes on my bathroom mirrors :)

Fiona said...

don't worry! i can so relate! Maybe it's coz err...we're getting old? haha

eaf said...

I agree with Sophie. You sound knocked up to me...

Jason said...

You gals just want company! We've got another year of happy couplehood before we think about messing up all this marital bliss.

Bern said...

I wonder if I will one day forget to go to work. Then I'll have to tell my boss "Sorry boss, I forgot to go to work today"
Good plan eh :))

Anonymous said...

i can also relate to that but with me it's old age. still have yet to go get that bottle of gingko to improve memory. am in denial lah. hahaha

Anonymous said...

I think as long as you can leave the house clean and fully dressed, you should be alright. As for forgetting to go to work, I really like that one, however, I have little faith the bossman will buy it!