Thursday, June 15, 2006

Work smurk

I don't know why I dread going into the office so much. Actually what I dread most is the drive to work. The distance between my office and home is 25 miles, which is an approximately 45 minutes drive, sometimes 35 minutes if traffic is kind. Sometimes an hour on a really bad day. But the thought of having to drive or even just sitting in the car for that matter gives me anxiety attacks. I do not know why going to work does that to me. But as soon as I arrive at the office I'm fine. I must say that I am really thankful that my boss has allowed me to work from home for most of the week. But I foresee that luxury is going to change soon. As of this week, we now have our "weekly" departmental meetings. Today's meeting lasted 2 whole hours. And then someone suggested we should also have a"happy hour" once a week out of the office. I can happily admit that I can sometimes be an anti-social hermit but I would rather have my "happy hours" with a bunch of close friends.
I have strong homing instincts. After having to spend a good part of the day in the office, all I want to do is go home. I'd rather be home talking to my plants than having to put myself to endure someone else's happy hour.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Work sucks, at least in my opinion. It's one of those necessary evils, unfortunately. That said, I'll do happy hour with you!!

Bern said...

Yup, work is just a necessity. I'll do happy hour with you anytime.

A Flea's Life said...

I understand how you feel...
I just keep that smile up, and enjoy the food & go home fed & full.