Thursday, April 19, 2007

I don't like this feeling

I walk into a room of 25 people or so. Not big enough to go unnoticed, and not small enough to be noticed. Everyone was already in their "favorite people groups" and talking away. I go out to grab a chair for myself and the only place left to put my chair was beside the door.
I feel like a mute. I feel awkward. VERY awkward. Just watching everyone talk and wishing the floor would open and swallow me up. I start to fiddle.
Just then , someone cracks a joke about me. And all 25 people turned their heads and laughed AT me. It wasn't nice.
I really wished the floor had opened and swallowed me up.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.... you ok?

Bern said...

Just trying to put that behind me. I'll be fine. Thanks, Sophie.

eaf said...

Hey, if you do decide to stay in the "people suck" club, I'd like to join you. Seriously. I'm not having great luck with them either.

Bern said...

I'm thinking.. if everyone IS like that, then maybe "I" am the problem.
Ok, I seriously need to win the lottery! ha.

Fiona said...

I'm hope you're feeling better...I doubt you are the problem...there are many people who are (the problem) and do stupid things like putting others down to feel better about themselves.

Jason said...

Everything's OK now. I took Bernie to the Malaysian restaurant and she's had her "medicine" (Char Kway Teow and Roti Canai).

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...everyone seems to be in a funk. Should I throw another party?

Bern said...

We could always use another parteeee!!! :)

A Flea's Life said...

Poor cuz! Lift your head high and think positive, okies?
We love u lots, so not to worry about what others think. HUGSSSSS