Saturday, April 21, 2007

My First Cookie contest

I spent all night baking pineapple cookies. All 50 of them and trying to stop the husband from eating them.
This morning I took 24 of those cookies to the Matthews Farmers Market for the Matthews Community Farmers' Market Prizewinning Cookie Contest. There were 25 contestants and I was almost salivating looking at all those yummy delicious cookies.
I didn't win but I made it to the top five! I am pretty pleased with myself because the only ever cookies I have ever baked were those ready-made Pilsbury or Nestle Toll House cookies.
The Creme De Menthe Chocolate cookie won. That was the best cookie I have ever tasted! Yumm!!

Judging time...


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to know how you get to be the judge of such contest....yummy!

Congrats on your top five finish. Your cookies look so cute! Maybe we can do this together next year, sounds like FUN!!!!!

Bern said...

Yeah! Let's do this together next year! Remind me.
It was fun getting a taste of all those cookies! I may have turned into a cookie monster for a day :)

Fiona said...

Congrats!! They look yummy!! :-D You should make cookies on the side and sell them . haha

Anonymous said...

you go girl!!! congratulations!!!!the cookies looked pretty. should sell them!

Jason said...

I've been libelled by my wife. I have had a grand total of three cookies in three days. She's eaten at least 10.

Still, I'm proud of her. She did that well without doing any recipe refinement. Next year, she takes the trophy!

Fiona said...

hear hear!

A Flea's Life said...

Waaa.... my cousin's so terror! U got to bring some back! :)