Monday, May 28, 2007

Europe in 7 hours

Question : What do you get after 7 hours exploring Germany, England, Ireland, France, Italy and Scotland on foot?
Answer : Sore feet

Yep, that's what Busch Gardens Europe did to us. But it was all worth it!
Out of the 7 hours, we probably spent a total of 3.5 hours standing in line waiting to go on 30-seconds rides. Still worth it ? Yep.
Now that we're a little smarter (hopefully), next time we'll try to avoid going there on a holiday weekend when the entire U.S population decides to go there too.
Standing hours in line in the 90 degrees heat was barely bearable but having to listen to a loud teenage girl talking incoherent teenage lingo into her cellphone behind us and almost shouting into our ears was unfair punishment. Even sweet, patient and nice me wanted to turn around and strangle the daylights out of her. But all I could do was turn around and give her my meanest glare. That did not work.Was I too chicken to ride the 205 feet world's tallest floorless dive coaster who hurtles you 90 degrees straight down at 70 mph ? OFCOURSE!
The Griffon was waaaay out of my league. It was almost painful to watch.
The most twisted inverted roller coaster, Alpengeist, was also facinating but also out of my league.

But we did get swung around on the Big Bad Wolf in the Bavarian Village and dropping 99 feet to nearly skim the Rhine River below.Awesome.!

Then we rode the Roman Rapids in Italy and got soaking wet.

Our final ride was the 4D Corkscrew Hill, a magical and mystical Celtic journey. They "shrunk" us and transported us on a horse and a flying dragon to a world where hungry witches and magical stallions are the norm.

The 3D Curse of the Darkastle ride was the coolest. The pyrotechnic special effects made falling off the cliff almost too real.
We also rode the train twice and the skylift once, simply because our weary bodies could not walk anymore. (And The Husband wanted to relive his childhood memories)

We had lunch at Das Festhaus in "Germany". Jason and I shared a German Sampler Platter and sat in the 2,000 seat festival hall to eat our lunch.
And dinner was a baked potato loaded with Annie Grogan's Bare Knuckle stew in Grogan's Grill in Killarney.
I must certainly say that Busch Gardens has the best variety and quality of food for a theme park!
Now, I am just itching to play my Rollercoaster Tycoon again. Jason may have relived his childhood, but I have just dug up an old addiction that took many hours away from my teenage years.... building fantasy rollercoasters on an imaginery theme park!

4 comments:

Fiona said...

FUNNN!!! I wanna go there one day.. :-)

Anonymous said...

So needless to say you are Busched?

Alpengeist is an awesome coaster, but I think my favorite was Apollo's Chariot. If you are a coaster nut you can check them all out at the Roller Coaster Database. This site definitely makes me want to book a trip to Cedar Point.

Bern said...

I may be a coaster nut but I am too chicken to ride them, so I'll have to stick to Rollercoaster Tycoon.:P

Anonymous said...

That is definitely not a picture of ALpenguist.