Friday, May 25, 2007

Our Anniversary weekend

Coincidently, our Anniversary falls on Memorial day, so we get a holiday on our Anniversary every year. We swear we did not plan this. Getting a 3-day weekend is absolutely a bonus. When you have been spoilt with 19 days of holidays every year, it is hard to get used to being deprived with just 10 days. So when I see a holiday marked on my calendar, I look forward to it excitedly like its Christmas.

This year we decided to go to Williamsburg, Virginia. I was there last December with my in-laws and my parents but without Jason. There are different things to see and do in Williamsburg in Spring/Summer. And the main reason we chose Williamsburg is so that Jason could relive his childhood in Busch Gardens. Not the most romantic of places I know. But hey, if you want to churn your insides and twist your guts on hellraising rollercoasters, it's better to do it now before we get too old for this kind of stuff. That said, I don't know if I'll be too chicken to go on the rides tomorrow. With every year that passes, the coward in me takes one step bigger and claims my brain. And I have learnt not to trust Jason when he tells me its "just ONE loop".

Here is a picture of us on the Car Ferry going across James River into Williamsburg.










Will post tomorrow if my intestines are still intact.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great time! Happy Anniversary!

And Busch Gardens IS romantic. I mean, you'll be holding on to his hand with freight the entire time :) Hehehhe.... Seriously, Brian and I had spent a great long weekend a year or so before Elise was born, and we had a blast. We miss taking those kind of little trips, so take as many as you can now!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!!!