Friday, August 10, 2007

Vacation almost over

The last week of our trip was indeed pleasant, except for having a flat tire on Thursday night. But it happened at a good spot where we were able to change tires at a well-lit parking lot with accessible restrooms. If you have to have a flat tire, this would probably be considered a blessing.

Jason had a surprise early birthday celebration early in the week. The look on his face was priceless.

We also managed to meet up with some dear friends on Tuesday for a long tea and followed by dinner with an aunt. Spending quality time with friends and family always makes coming home to Malaysia worthwhile.

Back in Melaka, we managed to meet up with Adeline and family for a short while. Aidan is growing up fast. Unfortunately, we did not have enough time to stop by to say Hi to some old co-workers of mine. That would have been nice.

My uncle also surprised us by driving all the way up from Johor for a brief afternoon visit. That really touched me. It made me realized that it will be awhile before we will be able to see everyone again.

We left for the airport on Friday. Aunt Shirleen, Uncle Victor, Adrian and Nicholas stopped by to say goodbye and we later had a farewell dinner with my parents, Aunt Annie and Kathy and Yat Onn. I was teary eyed when they left.
Stayed a night at a hotel close to the airport and we took a shuttle to the airport at 5.30am. I had a feeling my parents will show up at the airport and they did.

Yet again another long flight.

If I could have one human superpower, I will ask for the ability to teleport.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Teleporting would be excellent. Cuts cost and time!