Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Gearing up for Halloween

It's still 43 days away but the stores have started bringing out the Halloween stuff. Heck, some stores even started selling Christmas items already!

Last year, I handmade little paper bags and filled them up with candy. That was really time consuming but I had my mom to help me last year. This year, I wanted to do something simpler so I bought some plastic table cloth from Party City in orange color, cut it up into squares and I'm going to bundle it up with some chocolate bars, skittles, Garfield fruit snacks, Mary Janes, a purple gross-looking lollipop and Fear Factor gummies. I think I'll save the Fear Factor gummies for the teenagers who come knocking on our door.
So far, I've made about 50 bags. No idea how many kids will show up this year. Last year, we ran out of treats because I only made 50 bags. So I'll make atleast 20 more this year.
Ofcourse I could totally do without those bags and just give out candy alone, but making these bags are fun. That's what I do on weekends when the football game is on :)

3 comments:

Fiona said...

Wow! As usual -- you outdo yourself! :-) So rajin. :-D

Anonymous said...

have you become a football widow?

Bern said...

Yalor.. I'm about to advertise : "Part-time husband needed for the football season" :)