Sunday, September 02, 2007

Back from Smurfland

I survived my first live football game!
But did I enjoy it?
Honestly... I did. Being a part of the atmosphere, the excitement and the patriotism of the crowd beats watching it on TV for sure. 95% of the stadium wore light blue colored shirts to show their support for the Tar Heels. That damn smurf theme song (la la la la la laaa, la la la la laaa) was in my head all the time. It was actually annoyingly funny and cool at the same time.
I totally loved the opening. I thought the fireworks and parachuters and even the band formation was pretty awesome. Reminded me of the good ol' schooldays. 15 years ago, my husband was in that same band.
Now I understand the game a little better thanks to my mother-in-law who patiently explained it to me.
After half time, it got a little boring and I was fidgeting and itching to leave but I endured it for the sake of my marriage.

But will I go to another one? Hmmm..... maaaaaaybe. But at this very moment, I just want to stay away from crowds. I need a vacation!!!! Please!!

Oh, I forgot to mention that the toilets were pretty clean for such a crowded stadium. Oh and ya, the score? UNC beat James Madison 37 - 14. Go Tar Heels! Roar, roar, roaaarrr... LOL.
Glad I wore a blue T-shirt!

No comments: