Sunday, January 22, 2006

Choo..choooo.....chuggachuggachugga...

Had my first encounter with Eurorails last night with Brian, Sophie, Chris, Elizabeth and Jason.
"
Based on the award-winning Empire Builder game system, Eurorails allows players to amass fortune and power by picking up commodities from cities that produce them and delivering them to cities that need them. Efficient rail lines and effective laying of track means larger fortunes for the players.
Players use erasable crayons or marker pens to lay tracks between major European cities and use the European Currency unit (ECu) as money to purchase routes."
So there I was, the blur one, trying to learn how to play this much-talked-about game with the other Masters of the Rail.
The Masters were confidently strategizing how to transport their pigs, stinky fishes, tobacco and Swedish milkmaids across the Euro continent. I was mostly TRYING to locate the cities and learning how to count!! Pigs seemed to be in high demand last night.
Game ended at almost 1am... and Jason and I went home feeling zombiefied and happy. T'was a good Saturday.

6 comments:

She Speaks said...

sounds like fun!

Chris said...

You picked up the game very quickly, Bernie. Everyone was impressed. I predicted that you'll be wiping the board with your husband within two weeks. :-)

Bern said...

I will make sure I wipe my husband out at Eurorails!! muahahahaha

Anonymous said...

By my rules, the loser wipes the board when the game is over. Fat chance of beating me...of course, Bernie cheats at Scrabble, so I'll have to keep a close watch.

eaf said...

I predict a victorious Bernie as well. You will have to keep us posted on how the competition moves forward.

Fiona said...

it looks cool! btw, bernie dear..you've been tagged!