Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Almost there

Last weekend was one helluva muscle-building cramping exercise for all of us. With Bert's help, all three men emptied the storage unit and moved furniture and boxes into the house. Everything had to be washed and disinfected with clorox to wipe out mildew and what not as everything had been stagnant since a year ago. I will spend the rest of the weeks or months doing boxful loads of laundry. (woohooo)

Now we atleast have furniture in the house. Eventhough I cannot hide my disappointment in our vast difference in taste in home furnishing, I am atleast thankful we have something to sit on and a table to eat at. We sort of "inherited" a lot of these furniture from Jason's parents, grandparents and ancestors. So I can understand that it is of sentimental value.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, little by little, you'll get your home as perfect as you ever dreamed it would be. You just have to accept it will take time and well, money. As much as you want it to be all nice and new and perfect right now, try to be patient, it truly is a long process, try not to get upset over it. Enjoy each day in your new house and your time alone with your hubby! This is now your time to be happy!!!

Jason said...

exactly! It doesn't all come at once.

Bern said...

Will try, Sophie. Thanks. I know I do get hyper-analytical over things sometimes. I have to learn to close one eye and just accept things as they are. (more compromises)

Anonymous said...

if it's any consolation, am still furnishing my home bit by bit. money and space constraint but i know i will get to where i want it to look like someday. the bottom line is that the house is mine.

no worries. there is nothing more wonderful than putting your home together.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, your new home is finally ready. Take your time buddy. I'm sure you'll get them right along the way :)

Just smile..no matter what, it's a blessing !!