Monday, February 13, 2006

Goodbye Champ

My cousin called me this morning to tell me they had to put Champ, their dachshund, to sleep. I felt sad. Champ was a bright and extremely obedient dog and he had many funny antics. He would roll over before feeding time, lift up his paws automatically to be wiped after each walk and he would bring his toothbrush over to you when its time to brush his teeth after his meal. I have never seen a dog do that.
After hearing the news this morning, I wondered if that was the reason I could not sleep last night. I do not usually have any problems falling asleep and would be in lala land even before you could count to ten. Well, last night, its either the werewolf in me because incidently the moon was full, or either its my sixth sense trying to tell me someone was going away.
The last time I felt this way was when my grandfather died.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi cousin
i was comforted when you gave me the phase "all dogs go to heaven" .. yeah, we've been blessed to have champ. such a sweetie ..
we'll miss him

Fiona said...

Oh no!!! I didn't know!! I'm sorry...you know I wouldn't be saying this if it were Bingo..in fact I didn't did I? :-p