Sunday, March 12, 2006

Kremed!!


Eversince Elizabeth posted on her blog about Krispy Kreme doughnuts on March 4th, I have had a craving for those damn Original Glazed Krispy Kreme doughnuts! It is so addictive that it's not funny at all! So what's the big deal about Krispy Kreme's doughnuts?
The taste is beyond compare. The doughnut is so airy and amazingly light that a mere finger-touch leaves a dent, and it melts in your mouth! Once you've eaten a Krispy Kreme doughnut, no other doughnuts will ever taste the same again.

So this morning, the evil craving struck again. I got up at 6am craving KK doughnuts (and no, I am not pregnant). I waited 30 minutes for the craving to go away but it didn't. So what do I do? The evil doughnut then speaks through me " Go wake your husband". So I did what I did last August when I arrived in Charlotte after a 31-hours flight and extremely jetlagged. I nudged Jason and whispered in his ear "Let's go get some Krispy Kreme doughnuts!" And just like last year, he grunted and asked "Are you pregnant?"
15 minutes later, he struggled out of bed, all the while chanting "my wife is insane" and we got into the car.

The "Hot Donuts Now" neon sign was lighted up. There is nothing more satisfying than eating a KK doughnut fresh out of the conveyor.
So we bought 2 dozen of those wonderful, magical, scrumptious things home to feed the family.
Me happy. And husband goes back to bed. When he wakes up 3 hours later, he won't remember a thing and thinks it's all a dream (until he sees the Krispy Kreme box downstairs).
Did I tell you I love my husband?

6 comments:

Fiona said...

I love KK too! Sure beats DD! :-D

Fiona said...

I would love your hubbie too! you lucky woman you!

She Speaks said...

hmmm.. i wonder how many Malaysian man would do that? Hahaa

eaf said...

See... you are definitely not pregnant. Otherwise, there would have been no doughnuts left when Jason woke up later. :-)

Sorry to have been the cause of your cravings. It's really uncanny... as long as I don't see them, or I think they may be stale, I can stay away. But fresh KK... well, there really is nothing like it.

Bern said...

Well, if I am pregnant and you hear me gobbling up TWO dozen KK doughnuts within 3 hours, somebody please shoot me!

A Flea's Life said...

Wahhhh.... hubby so accomodating too one ah??? good on you, cousin!
Jason - u sure are keeping to your words of taking care of my cousin!