Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Some alone time


Jason is off to California (again). This time he'll be away for a good 6 days. He has gone on many different business trips around the States throughout the past year but this time, it will feel a little strange as it will be my first time being away from him in the new house. So it will be just me, Trouble and the smell of new paint.
Feeling a little bummed out so I have made a list of things to do whilst hubby is away to occupy my time and utilize my hermit life to the fullest. Let's see how many of these things I can actually accomplish by next Tuesday.

1. Do laundry
2. Fold laundry (last week's laundry is still unfolded)
3. Wash trash bins (found 4 trash bins in the garage that is in dire need of Grease lightning)
4. Buy magnetic curtain rods and put up sheers in Master bedroom (the old sheet we use to drape over the french doors is really pathetic. Am surprised homeowners association hasn't knocked on our door yet)
5. Unpack shoes from storage boxes and put them away in the closet
6. Play Rollercoaster tycoon
7. Read my new "Feng Shui your life" book
8. Organize bills and receipts
9. Vacuum carpet
10. Wash my car
11. Cook salmon and mushrooms (since hubby is not a fish or mushroom fan)
12. Take a walk around the neighborhood if it gets a little warmer.
13. Call the builder and Sears and annoy them about our microwave. No fun being without a microwave for almost a month!! Can't make those instant Microwave dinners!!
14. Upload photos in Kodakgallery.com
15. Visit in-laws over the weekend
16. Scrub bathtub
17.Clean glass on top of desk
18.BE NICE TO TROUBLE!

5 comments:

Jason said...

Darling...you have gotten in the habit of misspelling the word "trash".
Add two to make it a round number:
19. Take a bubble bath in the new bathtub.
20. Sleep late on the weekend.

Bern said...

Thanks dear. I've changed my THrashey spelling :)

Well, I have to scrub the bathtub first before taking a bubble bath.
And if I am staying over at yr parents' over the weekend, then I don't think it would be nice to sleep late. Besides, Trouble forgot to wake me up this morning!!! So I am already sleeping late :)

A Flea's Life said...

Hey, how about :REST & not do any housework for one weekend?
Have a break, have a Kit Kat (btw, one is on the way....) if it's not melted into a puddle of whatever..

Bern said...

Been resting too much.. and feeling guilty coz there's so much that needs to be done around here. Well, I'll be going over to stay at my in-law's over the weekend so that I can have some human interaction.. Hope Trouble behaves.

Kit Kat?? Did you say Kit Kat??? You are an angel!!

A Flea's Life said...

Good! Enjoy your time at your in=law... Poor trouble will be searching for you tho!