Monday, March 27, 2006

Welcome basket


We had a pleasant surprise on Sunday morning. The doorbell rang and I thought "Oh-no .. it must be the Avon lady... or someone trying to sell us newspaper subscriptions". As we just had a conversation about annoying solicitators on Saturday with Brian and Sophie who had experienced solicitators on their doorstep after moving into their new home, I figured it was our turn now.
But lo and behold, this lady on our doorstep came bearing gifts! Awww.. ain't that sweet? Our first welcome-to-the-neighborhood basket! In it was a notepad, Java coffee, 2 heart-shaped chocolates, a vanilla scented candle and hazelnut cream cookies (which Jason and I devoured immediately).
And right at the bottom of the basket was a business card : "Bring the Dry Cleaner to your Carpet"!!
Hmmm.... sneaky, sneaky!
I guess I better not drop too many hazelnut cookie crumbs on our carpet now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what an interesting marketing tool!