Friday, October 13, 2006

Still talking techy

I got my laptop back on Wednesday evening. (Thanks to Jason) My I.T manager told Jason that it is guaranteed to log me into the VPN now.
But guess what? I tried it and it failed. Same problem. Either I am the real jinx here or the laptop just doesn't like me, or both. Feeling frustrated, I started meddling with every icon that I could find. I found that the Symantec Firewall had been enabled, and when I disabled it, I could get into the VPN!!! Walla!!!
Then I started thinking... was that all it took to log me into the VPN? If I had figured that out 2 weeks ago, I would not have had to put everyone through this trouble. Then again, why didn't my I.T Manager figure THIS out 2 weeks ago??? Hmmm...
So anyways, I got my "feel good, proud of myself" moment which lasted for a good 30 minutes. Then I got swamped with work and didn't go to bed till past midnite.

Today, I discovered I could not download Adobe Reader because of some security settings which requires the administrator's password. Ugh.. when will this end????

3 comments:

Fiona said...

wow, Bernie! you are sounding like a techie -- kinda like my ex. haha!

Bern said...

Was forced to learn all these techie things without actually wanting to :P

Fiona said...

haha, i know what you mean. at least now you know more! :-)