Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Techy and me do not mix

I am still laptopless after 2 weeks. The old dinosaur vacuum-cleaner-sounding laptop finally broke down. My company replaced me with a new fancy schmancy IBM laptop. Unfortunately, it refuses to log me into the VPN. I took it back to my I.T manager last Thursday and he, too, doesn't have a clue why it would not log me in. Everything else worked fine. He mentioned something about firewalls and codes and some techno mumbo jumbo.
Thus, I have not been able to do much work on the database for 2 weeks now. Not that I am complaining much because it gives me more time to spend with my parents. But my work is piling up and I'll be working like crazy once I get the laptop back, which is.... this evening. Anyways, I'll be glad to finally be able to clear the pile of work. I am the type who hates going to bed at night knowing my work is unfinished.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

VPNs are a headache for any IT department mostly because you have to balance connectivity requirements with network security. Too restrictive and no one will be able to use it. Too lax and one morning you'll log on to the LAN and see the words "7|-|1$ $173 |-|4><0r3D b'/ PhLUPhPh'/ bU|\||\|'/"

(this site hacked by fluffy bunny)

Bern said...

Tell fluffy bunnies that too many 7|-|1$ $173 |-|4><0r3D b'/ PhLUPhPh'/ bU|\||\|' will make my head spin.