Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Happy Happy, Joy Joy

I still can't believe my parents are here! I am so happy!!!
We had dinner last night at my in-law's place and they got to meet the rest of the Barker clan. My parents were entertained by the boys. Cooper and Wrenn were in their best behavior and really charmed their way into my parents' hearts. The kids might have thought it was Christmas again with all the gifts and souvenirs distributing around.

This afternoon, I took them to their first lunch here in Charlotte (since they were too tired to go anywhere yesterday after a 28+ hours flight) - Arby's!! I think they love it.

They also had a feel of what it's like to stand in line at the post office.

Tonight, they'll get a taste of what the kafeteria feels like. And we'll take them grocery shopping.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the time with your parents :)
How long will they be there? So "happy happy joy joy" for ya

Fiona said...

Yay! I can imagine how excited and happy you are! Have fun!!! Oh, and tell them I said hi

Anonymous said...

so happy for you! please give them my regards.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Arby's is actually the healthiest fast food there is. Lean Roast Beef.

Bern said...

Thank you everyone!

By the way, they'll be eating plenty of hamburgers for the next 3 months :)
And we have a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts sitting in our kitchen now which we should finish before Jason gets home from work or he'll eat em' all.