Friday, June 08, 2007

Biometrics

USCIS received my application and sent me an appointment notice to appear at the Application Support Center to have my biometrics taken this afternoon at 1pm. So I picked Jason up from work and as we were still super early (thanks to paranoid me), we stopped at Tin Tin Buffet to grab a quick lunch. I think we broke the record for fastest eating at a buffet restaurant. We knew what we wanted to eat, gobbled our foods and were on our way to the USCIS office.
There were already plenty of people in there, some standing in line or sitting and waiting for their numbers to be called. But I found out I was the first one for the 1pm appointment slot. I looked around and told Jason... hey, maybe these people have been here since 9am?

While waiting, I decided to entertain my brain by taking guesses at what nationalities these people in the room are. Too easy. Majority were Latinos. And one lady had a Honduras passport.
I was also wondering why people were standing so long infront of a monitor. Then my number was called and I found out why. Not only do they have to take a print of each finger on both hands but the machine that takes the prints was really sensitive. The smaller your fingers are, the harder it is to take a print. So since I have skinny fingers, the poor officer had to take my prints atleast 50 times. She was super nice and patient and was talking to me all the time. I thought I was going to be standing there forever. She also showed me all the prints and explained to me why some were rejected and had to be retaken. After that was accomplished, she made me sign on some magnetic thingy and took my picture. Then she said, "ok, you can go home now."

That's it !
And I thought I would be there till 5pm! And they did not even look at Jason.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeahhh!!! Good for you!

Bern said...

Yeah..phew!
Now just gotta wait for that darn Green card.