Saturday, June 02, 2007

De-ja vu

It's all coming back to me now. I remember doing this last year too.
Today, we spent a good part of the morning and afternoon "refurbishing" the pond and the garden with the help of my in-law's. Couldn't have done it without their help.
We took the whole pond apart and dug a deeper hole, re-arranged rocks and mixed 7 bags of concrete and filled in the gaps between the rocks, added 15 bags of pea gravel in the garden and 3 bags of cypress mulch in the flowerbed. Now, the pond is permanent. Sealed with stone.
I hope we don't have to move anytime soon.

At 5pm we all adjourned to the clubhouse for the Summer Kick-off party. Each street in our neighborhood was assigned to bring a dish and ours was baked beans.
We got to meet some new neighbors too. We just love our neighbors. Everyone seems really nice.
Susan, Greg and the boys joined us later and the boys got to play inside the fire truck. All the kids in the neighborhood enjoyed that. There must be something about fire trucks and kids. I think a fire truck makes a similar impact on kids as would a Krispy Kreme on me.

The boys came home with us. Wrenn's talking a lot more now and he says the cutest and funniest things and Cooper is into Superman and Spiderman. They also managed to talk to my parents on the phone for a bit, which I'm sure made their day.

Here's Wrenn driving Trouble nuts.

Oh, and did I mentioned it rained just as we were finishing the pond? I think it has not rained for almost a month now.

3 comments:

Fiona said...

I was gonna ask about Wrenn & Trouble, and then you wrote about it at the end of your post. Really cute picture of the both of them! :-D

Bern said...

Wrenn calls Trouble "Double".

Fiona said...

haha -- with them both -- Double Trouble. :-D