Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Happy Wanderer

A little Chihuahua wandered into our yard the other day.
My first assumption was that he belonged to the neighbors who just moved in on the adjacent street because we saw that they had 4 or 5 similar breeds in their garage one day.
So I picked the little guy up and walked over to their house and rang their doorbell. And 5 dogs came running to their front door. I counted again... yes 5! So this little guy must not be theirs.
So I stood on the walkway thinking what I should do now.

Then from afar, we heard voices shouting. So Jason suggested I follow the voices because they seem to be calling for an animal. Here I am thinking there must be a better way because walking aimlessly around the neighborhood in the scorching afternoon sun with a dog in my arms who seemed to be getting heavier by the minute might not be the right solution. But I did it anyway.

I finally saw the shouting people 3 blocks down and waved my hands like a crazy maniac, gesturing to them ,pointing to the little guy I was carrying. When I saw their relief and delightful smiles, it just made me feel good.

His name is Peanut, and a real sweetie.
I'm glad he did not pee in my arms.

1 comment:

A Flea's Life said...

eeeeeeeee... he's so cute!! posing for you also!! say hi to peanut for me too!!!