Thursday, April 06, 2006

Some Pathetic.. some Good

The day started out pretty bad. I was supposed to go into the office today, and somehow my panic attacks started even before I could drive out of the neighborhood. That's pretty bad. So I stopped at the closest McD's for a breather and started driving again. Barely 2 minutes, and I had to make a U-turn and head on home. Sigh.... what am I gonna do with myself!
So, I told my boss I had to work from home again. Which was actually good coz' I was swamped with projects with tight deadlines. But still, I felt rather mad with myself for not being able to get over my panic attacks.
Here's my text message conversation with my husband after the above incident:

Jason : Did you make it to work?
Me: No =P. Had to make a U-turn and come home. Eating ice cream at home now.
Jason: What did you tell your boss?
Me : That I am pathetic and she should fire me.
Jason: And what did she say?
Me : She said "YOU'RE FIRED!" (in Trump voice)
Jason : Now you are kidding.

Good news is.... the builder agreed to replace our microwave, so they are sending someone out here tomorrow. And Whirlpool will be sending someone over tomorrow too to look at the rust/burned spot inside our dryer. I know it sounds like we are having lots of problems with our brand new appliances lately huh.. Oh well...

And here's a picture of our bedroom set that arrived yesterday. Decided to take a picture while it is in its neat state. It will never look this neat again. Sad news is, they will have to replace us with a new dresser which will take another 2 - 6 weeks because the middle is broken. Yup, seems like everything we get lately is broken!!


Another good news is.. my husband is the better cook between the both of us. He chops up onions and carrots faster than me. And tonight, he said it was "his" turn to cook, so he made a meatloaf and revamped it a little using "kicap manis"(dark sweet sauce) and his specialty Rib Rub. It turned out really great!

And the really really good news!!.... LOTS of babies born recently!! Sophie and Brian had their little Elise last night, my cousin Daniel and Anne had their Lynette the day before, and Pow Ying and B.G had their second baby girl last week, and not forgetting Chris and Elizabeth had baby Marcus last month! How wonderful! Congratulations on your newborns. May you enjoy the incredible Love, Joy and Sheer Happiness new babies bring.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Regarding the meatloaf (and Elizabeth will corroborate this), it's awful when you get halfway into a recipe involving raw chopped meat just to find out that you are missing one (or in my case, two) of the critical ingredients. No ketchup, no worcestershire. I had to improvise with rib rub and kicap manis. (and bernie got the picture off the web, it's not my actual dish)

eaf said...

Gah! Especially when it's something like ketchup. I mean, when do you not have KETCHUP?! I had no sugar once when I was making a cake. I had to go to the store TWICE for it, because between the house and the store, I forgot I needed confectioner's sugar, so I bought regular granulated sugar. Duh.

Unfortunately, you can't really substitute anything for sugar.

A Flea's Life said...

You're not pathetic, cousin! You're far from that!!

Glad to know that the bedset is in (at least the bed!)