Monday, April 03, 2006

Still no microwave!!!

I called Sears yesterday to "re-confirm" the schedule for tomorrow and they told me to call them AGAIN today to re-confirm what we have already confirmed last week and yesterday. They were supposed to send someone over tomorrow to get our microwave working. After talking to their automated voice machine and being passed from one person to another, and then put on hold for 5 minutes, I finally spoke to a human :
Man : Ok ma'am, we have you scheduled for tomorrow. We will call you tomorrow to set a time.
Me : Is it not possible to set a time-frame now for tomorrow?
Man : No, ma'am. We will have to call you tomorrow to set a time. It will be between 8am - 5pm.
Me: Thank you. I will be anxiously waiting for your call between 8am - 5pm then.

(10 minutes later, phone rings)

Man : Ma'am, I am calling from Sears to re-confirm if you have received the spare parts for the scheduled repair tomorrow?
Me : No, sir, I have not received them. Weren't your guys supposed to bring the parts with them tomorrow?
Man : No, ma'am. We will not be able to repair your microwave if you have not received the parts.
Me: Then, are you able to check if those parts have been shipped?
Man : I'll have to put you on hold ma'am while I check on my computer.

(3 minutes later)

Man : Ma'am, the parts are back-ordered and have not been shipped to you.
Me: Do you know how long it will be before they can be shipped?
Man : No, ma'am.
Me: Okaaaay, so we do not know when this microwave can be repaired. Sir, if it makes any difference to you at all, we have not had a microwave to use since we closed on the house on Feb.17. And why are your brand new microwaves faulty? Is there any possibility at all we could get a refund or a temporary unit while waiting for the parts to arrive?
Man: You will have to call our Customer Service, ma'am.

Aaaarghhhh.....

I am so tempted to walk over to the model home down the street with a bag of unpopped popcorn and tell the Sales Rep, "Oh, Hi Chad, no I am not here to buy another house. I just want to use your microwave because the brand new microwave that you guys gave us doesn't work and it's taking too long to be repaired! And I really really need to make some popcorn!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think you should get the sales person involved. This situation is ridiculous, and no one over there seems overly concerned. I think you should go over there and kick some ass!!

Bern said...

Have already spoken to Sales Rep. Apparently his microwave was also faulty (he moved into the neighborhood recently) and they did not replace a new one for him but also repaired it. Some serious boycotting is gonna happen!

Anonymous said...

don't you get a sense of deja vu? it's the malaysian government offices. hahaha. they throw your around like a ball.

Bern said...

But this is not a Govt. office so that's why I am appalled!!

Fiona said...

omg! yeah i agree with sharon..i thought it only happens in Malaysia. haha

Jason said...

We are never buying applicances from Sears again. Period.