Saturday, August 26, 2006

Mow away

Remember when I broke the lawn mower and pissed my husband off? Well, last week, I ordered the replacement part which was just one screw for the handles from one the dealers in Albemarle. Ofcourse, shipping charges was 5 times the price of the screw. But with gas prices these days, it was still worth it.
The screw arrived by UPS the next day!! Talk about excellent service. That same morning, I also received an email from their customer service saying that they had shipped me TWO screws out of good customer service. Out of curiosity, I emailed them back to tell them I only received one screw, but that was ok, and thanked them for their prompt service, which perhaps saved my marriage.

They replied the next day :

"Thank you for taking the time to contact our company. We are sorry to hear that you did not receive both parts that were sent to you. We will be glad to forward you two more replacement handle screws as a matter of good customer relations. You can expect to receive this within the next 10 business days."

The very next day, UPS delivered the 2 screws on our doorstep. I was so very impressed. That was super-duper fast. And we spoke nothing but praise for this dealership.

Yesterday, our doorbell rang and UPS left a package on our doorstep. Guess what was in it?
TWO more screws!!
Ok, now I am not only impressed but bewildered. Was our marriage in such need for redemption?

So now we have four extra screws for the lawn mower. Which means I can break the lawn mower FOUR more times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

am so impressed. we will never get service like this in malaysia.

Fiona said...

yeah yeah, don't take of advantage of the screws now. haha