Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Stallings Family Night

We went to the Stallings Town Park on Saturday for the Annual "Family Night at The Park" affair. Since moving to Stallings, we have been making it a point to familiarize ourselves with the neighborhood, which isn't very hard to do since Stallings is a really small little town. So we drove to the Park which was just 1 mile down the road. (Yes, we live in a very tiny town). The band was already playing on stage, balloons everywhere and people at the booths giving out freebies. I got myself a t-shirt. I think they were only giving out t-shirts to kids but since I am so small, I guess I qualify for one.
There were also lots of rides and fun stuff for the kids. But the thing that attracted me most was the Funnel Cake booth. Ooohh.. nothing is better than funnel cakes straight out from the fryer.. yumm!!! And Jason got himself a hotdog.

We met our neighbors, R.C and Betty, and chatted with them for a bit, and then went on home. That was pretty fun actually. I kinda like this little town we live in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funnel cake??? Funnel cake???? Ohhh... I'm so jealous, I've NEVER had a funnel cake and Brian promised me one years ago... he has yet to make good on his promise.

Bern said...

Next year, we should all go to the Stallings Family Night together (and eat Funnel Cake)! Elise would probably enjoy the fair too.

Anonymous said...

Sign me up!