Friday, August 18, 2006

Feeling smug

I go through phases of moods and finding little hobbies that I devote 100% of my attention to for short periods of time. And then I get bored with it and stop doing it altogether until something triggers my interest again. Like scrapbooking.
Two weeks ago, I was making Christmas gift tags all week. I know, I know it's waaayyy too early for Christmas but I was in the mood!!
Last week, I was making pot holders till the top of my left thumb got all scratched up.
This week, I started messing around with the template of my blog. I learnt more about HTMLs from Mr Google and all that mumbo jumbo in one week than I ever did in my 4 years in college. Ofcourse I did mess up my original template and could not get my margins or alignment right. It's still not perfect yet but perhaps I'll keep trying to fix it (or mess it up even more) while I am still in the "mood". But I am pretty proud of myself right now eventhough I am all cockeyed from looking at all those HTMLs. A technobimbo has her moments of pride once in awhile. As what William Pearson would say “the smug look of a toad breakfasting on fat marsh flies”.

4 comments:

mindgames said...

Yoga. cool

Anonymous said...

The new site template looks great! It was the first thing I noticed when I clicked through. I don't know how these blogger templates are, but most modern templates can be tweaked with a little CSS modification, which is super convinient.

Maybe your next project can be building the world’s first XHTML 1.0 compliant blogger site. j/k. Heck, even my site doesn't validate sometimes!!

Anonymous said...

On second thought compliance may be an uphill battle. Last night I was helping Sophie with her Blogspot blog and it was only then that I realized how these templates are structured. I could go into a full scale rant on how they haven't made it easy to work with, etc. but I will spare you all.

Anyway, to answer your question from Sat, the CSS you need to modify is embedded in the template document. It's all the gobbledygook up at the top of page.

Bern said...

Ok. Thanks Brian. Will take a look at it.