Saturday, September 30, 2006

When things go wrong for no reason

Two days in a row, I had things go wrong. First my work laptop just died on me. It wouldn't boot or restart. Zilch. Nothing. And it had to happen when our IT guy had already left the company and his replacement only starts in October. So, in the meantime, I can't do any work. Worst case, I'll have to go into work everyday and use someone else's PC if it's available.

Then on Friday, the phone and internet decided to quit. Just like that. No reason no crime. The router was working but the cable was out. So I called the cable company and she told me the earliest they could send someone over was Saturday. I had withdrawal symptoms all Friday. So I decided to paint.
Since all the PC would be good for now is to play music, I selected some songs from the hard drive and played them on Windows Media Player while I painted. I realised the left speaker wasn't working. Nevermind, the right speaker was still ok. I could live with that.
Then, the music started skipping. And it quit playing altogether. I sighed and gave up. This just wasn't my day. I shut down the PC and went to bed. To make the day more sulky, someone moved the Stop Sign from the street INTO our yard!! Now we have a STOP SIGN inside our front yard. How pretty, no.
Oh, and Trouble got a haircut on Friday and it made him all sulky too.
It's just one of those days when you just have to sleep it off.

This morning, Jason told me the internet connection was up and running, but the router was dead instead. So maybe we need to buy a new router. An hour later, after he messed a little more with it, everything worked fine, including the phone. I love my husband!! Yayy, life is back to normal and we don't need to buy a new router. I am so pleased I get to call my parents before they board the plane. And I am dying from excitement and I probably won't be able to sleep all weekend. So I am just going to keep myself busy. We have a list of chores to do and so far, things are going smoothly (knock on wood). Except for the STOP SIGN, I think it is going to be a pretty good weekend.

3 comments:

Fiona said...

God! How stressfully annoying -- glad it's all good now though. :-)

A Flea's Life said...

Anyway you can call to ask them to shift the stop sign? Else u can shift it to place inside your compound for the boys to ask them to slow down.... will be interesting!
Anyways, glad that it's ok... Take care, cuz!
HUGSSSSSSSS

Bern said...

We took the Stop Sign out and now it's laying on the side of the road. Will have to dig a hole nearer to the street and plant it there today. An additional chore that was not on our list of things to do.