Monday, November 27, 2006

Gobble, Gobble

Wow, the much awaited Thanksgiving weekend came and went by so quickly. Too quickly infact. This year I have so many things to be thankful for. One of which is having my parents here with us. The time spent with them here will be precious. I am also thankful for having such wonderful in-laws who makes me feel truly welcome to be a part of this family. They have definitely made my transition to the U.S more pleasant.
And ofcourse, I am thankful for the yummylicious spread on the table. The call of the turkey makes one do insane things. Things like waking up at 5am in the morning on Friday, walking into various stores looking like a zombie and walking out feeling like "Hah!! I got this last travel charger on the shelf for only $4.99!! I bet that man behind me was looking for the same thing... but I got to it first! Na na na na naaa"
Then I come home and tell myself that I wouldn't do such a ridiculous thing next year because sleep cost more than $4.99.
But who knows what the turkey will do to me next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take it from a parent... sleep IS precious.

Ahhh... my precious. ZZZzzzzz.....

Bern said...

I know..but..but.. the darn turkey is evil!