Saturday, September 02, 2006

Matthews Alive 2006

We went to the town of Matthews this morning to watch the parade. It was crowded but we got a good shady spot and set up our chairs there. There's the usual school bands, fire trucks, clowns on stilts, kids rushing for candies... etc.
After the parade, we walked down the "Strip". (No, nothing like Vegas) Looked at all the food and the nephews wanted to ride on the train and the panda-looking airplane. Too bad I'm a little too old to ride on the carousel now.
Then we gorged on some food. I had a Cajun burger (It was ok) I could not decide whether to have that or a Alligator stick. And my nutrisystem hubby had rice, an eggroll, chicken-on-a-stick and a corn dog. I also took a photo of him holding a giant smoked turkey leg. But we brought that turkey leg home. It is still sitting in our kitchen unless Trouble ate it.
The arts and craft center was pretty interesting. Lots of handmade knick knacks and paintings. Jason did not want to see those stuff so he headed on back home and I went with my in-laws.
He later came by his parents' house and they watched the ballgame in the afternoon while I took a nap.
I'm glad it's Sunday tomorrow.


RockYou slideshow | View | Add Favorite

1 comment:

Bern said...

The fair is still on till Monday.