Wednesday, September 06, 2006

No white after Labor Day?

So who came up with this fashion rule??
And why?
I am still bewildered.
I love white. And I happened to have three white pants in my closet, which I hardly wore during summer because it was too warm. I bought those pants because it fits me and I did not have to make any alterations. Those who know me will understand how difficult it is for me to find clothes that will fit tiny me, especially pants. Even petite sizes do not necessarily fit me sometimes.
So this No White after Labor Day rule is cruel!
Will I be incarcerated if I wear white? Will you report me to Miss Manners? Will I be frowned upon ? Will you be embarassed to walk beside me?

What about nuns, nurses, brides?

If wearing white is forbidden during the months of September to May because white reflects heat, then logically, wearing black should also be forbidden from May to September because black absorbs heat. Right? Right?

Heck, the rebellious demon in me wants to put on those white pants and I don't care if I look like a fashion victim or not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If there was a rule against wearing black during the summer months the geeks of the world would revolt. Nevermind all the goths and Johnny Cash fans.

Chris said...

I wouldn't sweat it too much. Those rules are pretty old school and not strictly adhered to anymore.