Thursday, September 07, 2006

Officially 33!!

Happy Birthday to me! Birthdays are always interesting because each of us have our own meaning we give it. Eventhough I see age as just a monumental number, I'll soon be hitting the milestones of middle age.
As the year passes, I realise how significant every year has been. I've learned more about life (and I'm still learning everyday), I've seen the changes around me and also in me. I know deep down, I'm still the little girl who once ran around in pigtails and getting bruises on her knees constantly, piggybacked on my papa and played camping with blankets on the bed holding a torchlight and listening to spooky stories.

So here's my day...
Started the day by receiving text messages and phone calls on my cellphone from all my friends and family a thousand miles away. That always warms my heart.

Had to go into the office today because we have our weekly meetings on Thursdays. My boss announced that she had hired 3 more people to do my job (gulp!). So I was supposed to conduct a training for the newbies on the system that I was using. But newbies did not show up for work today so the training will be postponed to next week. Then my boss told me there will be changes for me and she will let me know next week. (In my mind, all I could hear was "Oh No, she's gonna fire me on my birthday! Wouldn't it be a day to remember?")
So after the meeting I asked her if I should have any reason to feel worried about these "changes". She said "Nah".
I left the office at 3.30pm (I still work 30 hours/ week)and I browsed the myriad of halloween stuff at Party City while waiting to go pick Jason from his office. Jason smsed me saying "You are banned from going into Party City". (because I never leave Party City empty handed. I always stock up on birthday cards... and sometimes, other stuff). Then I stopped by Jack-In-The-Box and got myself a Jr Bacon Cheese Burger (99 cents).

Then we picked my mom-in-law and we went for some sushi!! This particular restaurant we like to go to gives a free entree to the birthday guest, so I got a free birthday meal!!
Mom-in-law gave me an autumn flag, a wreath for the door and a scarecrow (whom I named Russell) and money to buy more plants and river rocks!! Yayy!!
My beloved hubby gave me a banana tree and a pot of elephant ears. My hopes of turning the yard into a tropical rainforest might just come true.

Oh.. and Trouble gave me a card too!!Thank you for letting me share my day with you.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy BDay! 33.. just like the number of words on a bottle of Rolling Rock.

Bern said...

haha! Thanks Brian!

eaf said...

Happy Birthday! Wish we were there to celebrate with you!

Chris said...

Happy birthday!

Bern said...

Thanks guys!

She Speaks said...

Happy Birthday Bernie!

Many many hapy returns of the day to you! And may be blessed abundantly!

Bern said...

That's precisely what I told Jason! hah.

Bern said...

Thanks Melissa!

Fiona said...

Bernie! Sorry I missed it! I've been busy and haven't been online much. Glad you had fun!! :-) Wish I was there..

Bern said...

Thanks Fio! No worries:)