Sunday, September 10, 2006

Pasta-fied

We've had two good pasta meals two days in a row. Our neighbors invited us out for dinner last night because we helped look after their cats while they were away. We went to Macaroni Grill and stuffed ourselves with fresh baked bread dipped in Olive Oil and I had the Penne Rustica (penne pasta with shrimp, grilled chicken and smoked prosciutto baked under a golden crust of Parmesan cheese). I barely could finish half of what's on my plate even though it was soooo good. Then they insisted we order dessert and we could not pass up the tiramisu.

This afternoon, we went to Olive Garden with the whole family to celebrate my birthday. I don't think Jason and I digested our dinner from last night yet. Still, we ordered the Never-ending pasta bowl and soup/salad. That was too good to pass up. You can create your favorite pasta and sauce combination and stuff yourself silly. After eating only half of my angel hair pasta with sun-dried tomato parmesan and alfredo and 2 bowls of soup, I could not refill any more. I had filled my little belly to the max. And I probably had yesterday's dinner to blame on.

I think I've had all the pasta I could have for the year.
But I may tell you differently tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! YUMMY...Wish I could have an appetite like you...eat,eat and yet soooo slim.

Bern said...

Well, anonymous, if I go on eating like this, I will probably not be so slim anymore..hahaha

Fiona said...

whatever, skinny bernie! :-) YUM! I lurrrve pasta!!!