Sunday, July 15, 2007

Babysitting

Jason and I babysat our nephews alone for the first time last night whilst the parents attended a wedding party in Greensboro.
The boys were no trouble at all and behaved really well.

I was, ofcourse, initially paranoid and had a mental checklist in my mind making sure to ask for car seats incase we had to rush to the hospital, or what to do if one of them throws a tantrum until he could not breathe(I heard that happens), or if they lock us out of the house..etc.. (we have heard stories)

But no, the boys were angels. Ofcourse it helped that my smarty husband brought a DVD (The Incredibles) and plopped it in for an hour and that kept them(atleast one of them) still. And I brought a pack of flash cards and played that with Wrenn.

Wrenn was constantly hungry and asked for food. I tried to avoid giving him anything with sugar so he ate some of the Bojangles Biscuit that we brought and wanted a donut roll. He sat down on the couch and ate it all without moving and without making a mess. He kept wiping his mouth and hands after each bite. I was impressed.

They even asked to go to bed when it was bedtime. Cooper taught me how to turn on their night light (I had turned on a different lamp) and Wrenn turned on his own sound machine and they both climbed into their own beds. How adorable is that!

So now we're home, everyone is safe, no trips to the hospital, no hair pulling, no fires, no fighting and yelling.
It wasn't so bad after all.

No comments: