Sunday, July 29, 2007

Feed me!


Food.. that's what we have been stuffing our face with since we landed in Malaysia. And it's not because we are always hungry.
Since the entire clan is back from all corners of the world for the wedding, and friends of family who have also come to visit and experience the country and my crazy family, there's been dinners after dinners and lots of mealtime get-togethers and what nots. My calendar is full for the next 12 days and 87% of it consists of food. And I am not complaining. These mealtimes are bonding sessions. We eat, laugh, make a lot of noise and do stupid things to embarrass ourselves, like the chicken dance. I get to see how fast my little cousins are growing up, and how weird my teenage cousins have turned out. Jeremy is doning a mohawk hairstyle which I think makes him look like an angry iguana. Megan is a chubby 3 year old now with a genuine wide grin. Aaron has found himself the nicest and sweetest girlfriend. All my aunts are still as crazy as ever and that's what I love about them. My grandma is still the grandma who dotes and always makes sure we are fed before we leave her house.

It's so good to back!

They say home is where the family and tummy is. And that is so true because that is where mine is and will always be.

And I hear more chicken dances have been officially planned :)

Ok, gotta go and eat breakfast now.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

welcome back Bernie! good to have you (and Jason) home! :-) glad you're having fun and getting stuffed. The best part of Malaysia, indeed. And lucky you, your family's really fun to be with! hehe

Bern said...

So good to see all of you again! Indeed it feels surreal:)