Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I no Se Habla Espanol

On Monday, we were scheduled for some workers to come and repair the nail pops in the house because the last guy who came to do the job did not finish and left the company (or country).

So at 9am in the morning, I open the door to find a woman and an infant in her arms. And she said one word "Wall".
I asked her if (name of company) had sent her. She said "yes".
I paused.

I am thinking this is impossible. Maybe there was a hidden candid camera crew nearby. How is she going to climb a ladder and fix nail pops with an infant?
She probably saw the confused look on my face and pointed to two teenage boys walking towards the house.

Ahh, I see... this makes more sense now (sort of)

I asked the boys some questions but they just stared blankly at me.

Lady tells me "No English".

Ok, now it all makes sense to me. So the lady was the interpreter, eventhough she can only mutter "Yes" and "No". But I guess she understood what I was saying.

I have to admit I was a little worried. Here is some stranger with an infant in my house and two teenage boys.

The boys got to work immediately and they worked fast. I was amazed they found so many nail pops that neither Jason or I saw. They were done by noon and will be back next week to paint.

Now I have another thing to add on my "101 things to do before I die". Learn Espanol!

No comments: